Find and Compare Local Contractors
Construction Defects and EIFS Information Home Inspections and Inspectors Find Local Building Codes Information on Asbestos and Removal Learn About Radon and Irradication Resources for Mold and Mildew Cleanup Get Proper Air Quality with Clean Ducts
Construction / EIFS Home Inspection Building Codes Asbestos Radon Mold Air Quality

Toxic Mold

While most human beings can handle mold in very small quantities, toxic mold can be a very different story.  If toxic mold is found in the environment, it can result in a myriad of health problems for both humans and pets.  Mold grows in moist areas with little sunlight.  Many people are not even aware that they could have potentially toxic mold growing in their homes, which is why education on this is so important.  If you know what environments it likes to live in, you can be more aware of it and know what to look for.  It is essential that people know what kind of serious health risks toxic mold can pose.  You may not even know you have mold in your home, but might begin to feel sick.  In many cases, you might feel worse at home, but your symptoms often subside when you leave that environment.  If this persists, it’s important to do a check for toxic mold.

Some of the most well known symptoms of toxic mold include breathing difficulty, memory loss, nausea, dizziness, allergies that come on out of nowhere, and in some cases, burning and itchy eyes and nasal passages.  All of these are very distinct signs that toxic mold may be in your home or workplace.  This dangerous mold can often cause serious illness, and in some severe and unfortunate cases, death.  It is essential that this mold be removed immediately by a professional.  Try not to attempt to remove this mold by you if at all possible, as prolonged exposure can be very dangerous.  Once you are aware of the warning signs, you can help to keep your home and family safe from the dangers of toxic mold.  Be sure to contact someone right away at the very first sign that toxic mold might be in your home so you can eliminate quickly.